Why use a Natural Sunscreen with Organic Ingredients?
Natural vs chemical sunscreens
Don’t damage your skin with chemicals to avoid getting sunburnt. Zinc Oxide, as a mineral sunscreen, is 100% natural, provides a high level protection for both UVA and UVB, plus has excellent healing qualities.
Avoid these chemical sunscreens:
Octinoxate (Octyl Methoxycinnamate): gender bending (estrogenic)
Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3): allergic reactions and hormone disrupting.
Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane): becomes toxic in sunlight! Octocrylene: potentially carcinogenic!
Homosalate: Hormone disruptor; forms toxic metabolites
Padimate O (Octyl Dimethyl Paba / Paba Ester): releases free radicals; damages DNA; estrogenic and allergic reactions.
Ensulizole (Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid: potentially carcinogenic!
Mexoryl SX: Degrades 40% in sunlight, produces reactive oxygen species.
Octyl Salicyclate: penetration enhancer; allows other chemicals into blood.
Benzophenone (Sulisobenzone): irritates skin & eyes. Penetration enhancer.
Avoid toxic cosmetic ingredients. A healthy lifestyle is vital to combat toxins from modern industries.
Choose cosmetics with healthy ingredients and avoid these toxic ones:
Sodium Laurel, Lauryl Sulfate, or Sodium Laurel Sulfate: Combined with other chemicals this becomes Nitrosamine, a powerful carcinogen, which penetrates the skin’s moisture barrier, allowing chemicals in.
PEG (Polyethylene Glycol), Polysorbates, or Ethoxyylate alcohol: all contain dioxane, which is carcinogenic and probably one of the most potent toxins known to man.
Propylene Glycol: can cause dermatitis, kidney or liver abnormalities, skin growth prevention, or just plain irritation.
Phenol Carbolic Acid: Can cause circulatory collapse, paralysis, convulsions, coma, and even death from respiratory failure.
Acrylamide: Can cause breast cancer
Toluene (Benzoic; Benzyl or Butylated Hydroxtoluene): can cause anemia, low blood cell count, liver and kidney damage and birth defects.
- Natural and organic preservatives do not damage your health. Commonly used Parabens are endocrine disruptors mimicking estrogen, upsetting hormone balance, plus are carcinogenic.
- No Petrochemicals or Mineral oils: they clog up skin pores, trap toxins, slow skin cell growth, disrupt normal hormonal functions, rob bones and the nervous system of magnesium, can be estrogenic, plus absorb oil soluble vitamins A, D, E and K from you and then excrete them.
- Natural Colorants are non-toxic – vs toxic Synthetic ones
- Natural organic ingredients smell delightful. Added Fragrance can be toxic.
- Avoid unnatural Polymers for Water Resistance, which coat the skin and prevent it breathing
- Many Organic plant extracts provide Anti-oxidants, which protect against free radical damage and atmospheric toxins, eliminate chemical reactions, and repair skin cells.
- Direct benefit from every ingredient. No fillers are required to counteract negative reactions to chemicals.
- Reverse sun damage. Switching from toxic chemical sunscreens to non-toxic sunscreens with added organic ingredients, you can possibly reverse some existing sun damage.
sunumbra® is a wholly natural sunscreen with organic ingredients and a core purpose to make a difference in people’s lives as well as the environment by embracing the sunshine.