Archive for the SunumbraP News Category
Pictures taken by an adventurer who travels to Antarctic and Africa and only uses products with ZERO impact on our earth!
Why use a Natural Sunscreen with Organic Ingredients?
- Natural vs chemical sunscreens.
Don’t damage your skin with chemicals to avoid getting sunburnt. Zinc Oxide, as a mineral sunscreen, is 100% natural, provides a high level protection for both UVA and UVB, plus has excellent healing qualities.
Avoid these chemical sunscreens:
Octinoxate (Octyl Methoxycinnamate): gender bending (estrogenic)
Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3): allergic reactions and hormone disrupting.
Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane): becomes toxic in sunlight! Octocrylene: potentially carcinogenic!
Homosalate: Hormone disruptor; forms toxic metabolites
Padimate O (Octyl Dimethyl Paba / Paba Ester): releases free radicals; damages DNA; estrogenic and allergic reactions.
Ensulizole (Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid: potentially carcinogenic!
Mexoryl SX: Degrades 40% in sunlight, produces reactive oxygen species.
Octyl Salicyclate: penetration enhancer; allows other chemicals into blood.
Benzophenone (Sulisobenzone): irritates skin & eyes. Penetration enhancer.
- Avoid toxic cosmetic ingredients. A healthy lifestyle is vital to combat toxins from modern industries. Choose cosmetics with healthy ingredients and avoid these toxic ones:
Sodium Laurel, Lauryl Sulfate, or Sodium Laurel Sulfate: Combined with other chemicals this becomes Nitrosamine, a powerful carcinogen, which penetrates the skin’s moisture barrier, allowing chemicals in.
PEG (Polyethylene Glycol), Polysorbates, or Ethoxyylate alcohol: all contain dioxane, which is carcinogenic and probably one of the most potent toxins known to man.
Propylene Glycol: can cause dermatitis, kidney or liver abnormalities, skin growth prevention, or just plain irritation.
Phenol Carbolic Acid: Can cause circulatory collapse, paralysis, convulsions, coma, and even death from respiratory failure.
Acrylamide: Can cause breast cancer
Toluene (Benzoic; Benzyl or Butylated Hydroxtoluene): can cause anemia, low blood cell count, liver and kidney damage and birth defects.
- Natural and organic preservatives do not damage your health. Commonly used Parabens are endocrine disruptors mimicking estrogen, upsetting hormone balance, plus are carcinogenic.
- No Petrochemicals or Mineral oils: they clog up skin pores, trap toxins, slow skin cell growth, disrupt normal hormonal functions, rob bones and the nervous system of magnesium, can be estrogenic, plus absorb oil soluble vitamins A, D, E and K from you and then excrete them.
- Natural Colorants are non-toxic – vs toxic Synthetic ones
- Natural organic ingredients smell delightful. Added Fragrance can be toxic.
- Avoid unnatural Polymers for Water Resistance, which coat the skin and prevent it breathing
- Many Organic plant extracts provide Anti-oxidants, which protect against free radical damage and atmospheric toxins, eliminate chemical reactions, and repair skin cells.
- Direct benefit from every ingredient. No fillers are required to counteract negative reactions to chemicals.
- Reverse sun damage. Switching from toxic chemical sunscreens to non-toxic sunscreens with added organic ingredients, you can possibly reverse some existing sun damage.
sunumbra® is a wholly natural sunscreen with organic ingredients and a core purpose to make a difference in people’s lives as well as the environment by embracing the sunshine.
The EWG 2015 Sunscreen report has just been released and all 5 of the sunumbra products have scored a #1 rating!
On top of that, all the sunscreens have been selected as part of EWG.org’s list of only 217 products out of 1700 surveyed for “Best Beach and Sport sunscreens” recommendations!
We love to look after our skin.
We are very excited to announce the arrival of Sunumbra P FAMILY SPF 30, UVA 5!
Just in time for a warm Summer in the sun, Sunumbra P Family comes in a 250ml tube for all the family to use.
Sunumbra P Family:
- provides a high level ‘5 star’ protection against UVA radiation.
- supplied in extra large 250ml (8.4oz) tubes ideal for family use.
- Fully certified with COLIPA and ISO standards for UVA and UVB.
- Specially formulated for family wear, every day.
- Tested on human skins only, not animals.
- Can be used by anyone with dietary, environmental or sensitive skin concerns.
- 100% free of harmful chemicals made exclusively from natural ingredients.
Thomas Schrick from African Outdoor Adventures summited Mount Kilimanjaro on Friday 13th July 2012 for the 13th time and this time he had Sunumbra with him!
African Outdoor Adventures are highly experienced with many successful summits to their name.
Sunumbra is a proudly South African Natural and Organic Sunscreen.